Today at 11:35 by the corner fruit stand. Not verbatim. But close.
– Hello there, my friend!
– Hello! How are you today?
– Good, good. And yourself?
– Feeling very perky after my yoga class. How’s business?
– Oh, it’s slow. Low season, you know. The monsun doesn’t help much, either. Time again for some fruit?
– Absolutely. How are them mangos lookin’ today?
– You’ll not get a sweeter or juicer batch than what we have in stock right now. I kid you not. Would you like for me to slice you up a couple of really nice plump ones?
– Yes, m’am!
– What else are you looking for today, my friend?
– Well, I’m a little tired of peeling mangosteen and angel fruit doesn’t really grab me anymore. So, let’s go with a half kilo rambutan today.
– Ok. No watermelon?
– Oh, yeah, a watermelon, too.
– Anything else?
– I think I’ve run out of bananas, so add a batch, please.
– Ok, come back in 10 minutes and I’ll have sliced up your mangos and watermelon.
– Thank you.
– Everything’s ready to go, my friend.
– Thanks! How much do I owe you?
– That’ll be 165 baht, please.
– Ok, here you are. Oh, and by the way, can I take a few photos of you and the family here by your wonderful fruit shop?
– Sure, my pleasure!
Click, click, click.
– See you tomorrow, my friend!
– See you tomorrow and good luck!